Saturday, May 05, 2007

Fighting Patriarchy at 59

Today is my 59th birthday. Read my photo-filled biography. See me kicking up a storm at left.
.
My present to myself was changing my antiwar organizing email from "endviolence" to "fightpatriarchy."
.
The simple truth is there is so much patriarchal behavior to fight even within the antiwar, libertarian and other movements that I sometimes lose my temper and use strong language. Then I am accused of using "violent" words.
.
Criticize a male too strongly for throwing a rock at a cop or boasting about cheating on their girlfriends with their boyfriends, and YOU may be called the violent one. Remember what kind of female dog too many men STILL call a woman who makes her points too strongly. Well, at least I won't have people mocking my email address any more as being "hypocritical."
.
For the solution to the patriarchal war machine, and even to patriarchy within progressive and libertarian movements, see my article Woman vs. the Nation State.
.
Yes, it is difficult being a taurus with an aries moon and four planets in leo. That was the alignment of planets shaping my bodily force field as I popped out of the womb at 11:36 a.m. almost 60 years ago. That astrological combination influences someone to have a temperament where once they get mad, they stay mad for a long time -- and dramatize that anger to the whole world, sometimes in the most shocking terms.
.
For those who reject astrology but embrace the Meyers-Briggs personality type test, I am an ENTJ - sometimes called "the commandant."
.
Described as: Frank, decisive, assume leadership readily. Quickly see illogical and inefficient procedures and policies, develop and implement comprehensive systems to solve organizational problems. Enjoy long-term planning and goal setting. Usually well informed, well read, enjoy expanding their knowledge and passing it on to others. Forceful in presenting their ideas.
.
As so many of us ENTJ women know, many men just hate that in a woman. I just wish I knew how to get PAID for it!
.
Someone tested libertarian women and found out a large percentage are ENTJs. You have to be to put up with libertarian men - left, right and non-denominational!
.
I envy people who have lots of more placid signs - or Meyers-Briggs combinations. I just have to learn to meditate regularly to calm down more - before I give myself a heart attack.
.
Breathe deep and repeat, "I have these emotions, but I am NOT these emotions. I am a center of pure consciousness."

.
For my birthday I want you to buy lots of stuff at RadicalButtons.Com and CafePress.Com/RadicalStuff. I still owe someone $40 for my arrest last week!

2 comments:

Rose said...

Happy Birthday Carol!

I'm also an NTJ - but out of 10 I scored 5 introvert, 4 extovert which made me an INTJ. According to the results it said that NTJ's make up only a small segment of the population and are predominantly male - so female NTJ's are pretty rare.

I'm reading through your blog and we're of the same mind on many topics.

-Rose

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Carol!

Amanda

http://thetimemastery.com