Friday, April 27, 2007

Report: CAROL MOORE ARRESTED! They finally got me!!

After 40 odd years of repeated misdemeanors and the occasional felony, mostly related to victimless crimes and protesting, I finally got caught and arrested!
.
What was I doing? Trying to recite out (very) loud my favorite "patriotic" phrase from the Declaration of Independence: "it is the right of the people to alter or abolish government!"

.
Of course, I chose to do it at the end of a noisy antiwar protest in the atrium of the Senate Hart office building just as police had assembled their full force of officers and were doing a sweep for the most flagrant rowdies. And I chose that minute to become one of them. They hauled 14 of us off, 10 women and 4 men. They only kept us 4 hours and didn't even send us to the filthy D.C. jail. They'll have to be meaner next time.
.
Happily, I caught it on video, with two officers rushing over to grab me.
See the video! More photos here.
.
Hmmm, I wonder if my first mug shot will ever end up on the Celebrity Mugshot page!
.
The fools. Don't they know I have an addictive personality?
.
Now that I've lost my virginity, it will be just like 38 years ago when I went hog (or boy) wild. Next thing you know I'll be chaining myself to
AIPAC's door!
.
The New York crowd brought down two black, three story high banners reading YOUR SILENCE YOUR LEGACY and the inscription below. The crowd started yelling IMPEACH! IMPEACH!
.
In case you haven't heard, after much kicking and screaming, the peace movement is coming together behind impeaching Bush/Cheney. Even United for Peace and Justice has issued a statement supporting it. Tomorrow we spell out IMPEACH at the Washington Monument. WHAT FUN! See IMPEACH07.ORG.

No comments: