Sunday, August 05, 2007

Keffiyehs Rock

It's August and I'm in a very a-motivational state. Mostly cleaning up some WikiHoHo articles of interest, house cleaning for two messy animals (one human), and taking care of my sick old dog who's on his last (arthritic) legs but still has lots of (barely and iradicaly functioning) heart. (Oh, yes, and I'm still looking for a $15 an hour job making the conscious, secessionist revolution, in case you got one. Otherwise I'm a slave to the temp agency.)
.

But just read an amusing blog entry about Keffiyah's. Being one of those people terrified of having a cold head, I wear them faithfully and daily from October to April. And, of course, to express solidarity with the Palestinians.
.
Here's a photo of my dog wearing one taken for the "sorry i voted for bush, world" web page a few years back. And you can see me in one of mine the day I got arrested at the Senate for trying to say "It is the right of the people to alter or abolish government" a little too loudly.
.
Anyway, check out the HAWGBLAWG entry on "It's becoming cool to be Arab-American." The blogger is obviously as lazy as me this hot August cause he largely quotes another article. "This is a somewhat belated posting of this article from Heeb. I highly recommend this magazine, which wikipedia.com describes as a "Jewish magazine aimed at intellectual Jews." It is refreshingly irreverent, left-wing, and dare one say, "post-Zionist." This is one of the best articles on the topic, of the many that have appeared this year...
.
There's no doubt that young Arab-American activists are some of the most sophisticated, intelligent, well-organized and NON-knee-jerk-leftist activists about. Check out Hawglawg's list of links which will link you to lots more relevant and interesting ones.

No comments: