Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This is what nuclear war looks like

This would be the effect of a single ONE megaton bomb falling on Los Angeles when the Santa Ana wins are NOT blowing. Of course, after Bush nukes Iran -- just a few hundred miles from Russia's border -- and the Russians freak and nuke us back, Los Angeles will be hit by 30 or 40 one to ten megaton nuclear bombs. So I think we can safely say the WHOLE photo would look like that. Of course, there won't be any satellites to bring us groovy footage, and very few firemen to put out the fires, or hospitals to care for the injured, and little water and food for the survivors on the outskirts of the city who somehow manage to survive fire, blast and radiation sickness. See lots of scary nuclear bombed cities footage at Youtube.Com/DontBombIran
.
PS a few hours later. Did I forget to say SECEDE! Before they get us NUKED?? Sounds like a button and a t-shirt... meanwhile get these!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carol,

Actually, that image is WITH Santa Ana winds and is probably of recent fires, not nuclear anything. A 1MT nuke cloud from LA (farther south in your image) would probably be a lot darker from the plastics, oil and other toxic combustibles.

That said, I agree with you ... in fact, even a "small" nuke war would probably be more catastrophic than we'd know how to deal with. Recently, a doctor from Physicians for Social Responsibility released a preliminary study of war between India and Pakistan, without anyone else getting involved, and concluded that it could easily cause a global famine killing a billion people over the course of several years. He based it on a previous study which looked at the effects of such a war on global climate and found noticable temperature drops and shortening of growing season in key farming areas worldwide.

Fun, huh? :(

Peace,
Jay

Anonymous said...

First of all I would like to say superb blog!
I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I've had a hard time
clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts
out. I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to
figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Kudos!
Review my blog :: funny look at the end of the world

CarolMooreReport said...

While usually my thoughts just spill out and then I just have to reorganize them to be more coherent, sometimes I do get stuck. Begin by beginning. Once you get going you can always change the beginning to accord with what you wrote at the end, in the middle, or whatever! :-)