Look at Congress applauding their true leader, the one who is willing to destroy American if it's good for Israel; and makes sure they know they are out of office if they don't support him. I wonder how many non-attending Democrats will face stiff electoral challenges supported by Israel-directed money machines for boycotting his speech? At least polls show a majority of Americans were disgusted he summoned Congress to hear him tell them to make sure they did what's best for Israeli expansionism (which he calls "Israel's survival), and not for the survival of the American people.
Sheldon Adelson, the billionaire who has been interviewing Republican presidential candidates to decide which one is "Israel First" enough to ensure that Adelson and other pro-Israel fat cats' money is directed to that Republican's 2016 Presidential campaign.
Looks like lots of disgusted commentary today, as from Chris Matthews:
“I’ll get to the heart of this speech now,” Matthews told MSNBC’s Thomas Robertson. “This man from a foreign government walked into the United States legislative chamber and tried to take over U.S. foreign policy. He said, ‘You should trust me, not your president on this. I am the man you should trust, I am your true leader on this question of U.S. geopolitics. To protect yourself, you must listen to me and not this president.’”And from Rabbi Michael Lerner:
“It was a startling situation,” he continued. “To allow someone to come in — knowing that was going to be their message — to the U.S. Congress. This was a decision made by Boehner and certainly complied with by Netanyahu and his ambassador [Ron Dermer]. They went into the U.S. Congress to take over U.S. foreign policy from the president.”
“Think it through, what country in the world would let a foreign leader come in and attempt to wrest from the president control of the U.S. foreign policy?”
"Netanyahu's speech to Congress was brilliantly deceitful because it played to the fantasies that Israeli propaganda and right wing militarists in the US have been popularizing for the past thirty years...I know so many people who shake their heads in despair at the growth of the right-wing consciousness in the US in every sphere except identity politics, but really what other discourse are they ever exposed to? Obama should embrace the Biblical call for "love the stranger/the other" and challenge Americans to take that call seriously. Instead, he tries to measure up against the criteria set by the militarists. Guess what? In that coercion-oriented arena liberals and progressives will always fail, because you have to be unscrupulous to win there."And from Jon Stewart:
“The in-chamber response to this speech was by far the longest blowjob a Jewish man has ever received.”Updated 3/18/15 with these:
* Ex-Mossad chief pans Netanyahu's 'bulls---' speech to Congress; Meir Dagan ridiculed Netanyahu’s assertion that Iran posed a threat to the United States.
* Jewish Congresswoman Pushes for Israel Regime Change After Bibi Speech to Congress; Jan Schakowsky Says New Gov't Would End 'Toxic' Feud
* Liberal critics of Israel are emboldened by Netanyahu's Congress speech; The sense of malaise pro-Israel Democrats are experiencing has spread from the liberal wing of the party toward the center.
* After Netanyahu Speech, Congress Is Officially High School; Israeli Prime Minister's visit inspires bitchy barbs and insults, and nobody came out of this week looking good
* CNN/ORC poll: Majority of Americans oppose Netanyahu invite
* Poll finds Netanyahu less popular among Americans after Congress Iran speech; Changes to Americans' views of Netanyahu were mostly felt among Democrats.
* Poll: Nearly half of U.S. voters disapprove of Netanyahu; The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey
* Post-Speech, Netanyahu's Favorability Drops with Americans; Polls conducted before and after the Israeli prime minister's address before Congress show a shift.
In case you didn’t hear, Netanyahu’s party had a narrow win on March 17th, an insult against the spirit of rebellion and liberty enjoyed by so many on "Irish day." He probably will form a coalition. Netanyahu appealed to the most paranoid and racist sentiments of just enough Israelis, claiming that Arabs were being bused to the polls, he would never recognize a Palestinian state and that he'd build thousands of new homes for Jews on stolen Palestinian land in the West Bank And, of course, he promised to resist any nuclear deal with Iran and keep threatening to nuke them. After all only two nuclear bullies are allowed in the Arab Middle East, European Israelis and Americans.
Will Netanyahu ever be prosecuted for war crimes, that is the real question? Along with his buddy George W. Bush. And might as well throw in Obama for letting the blackmailing bastards get away with what they’ve gotten away with since 2009. Not to mention for pushing for regime change in nuclear armed Russia. But don’t get me started...